Common BID Activities
Firstly, no two BIDs are the same! Each town has different priorities and different challenges and opportunities. Towns like Nairn have focussed on the tourism and visitor economy. This has led to first time national marketing campaigns, marketing grants from VisitScotland or in some towns a focus on a year long programme of events. Others have gone for safer streets if they have a booming city night-time economy whilst others have prioritised bringing all the groups in a town together and pulling resources. What's right for Nairn will come from extensive local discussions before any decisions or priorities are agreed. Other BIDs in Scotland are listed here
Here are just some ideas that the NairnConnects BID could consider.
- Putting a town back on the tourist map
- Improving the looks of Nairn
- Savings on buying costs
- Year long event calendar
- Welcome and orientation signs
- Business training support
- Working with schools and young people
- ... what is decided is up to local businesses..........